No man or woman wants to face the reality of losing their hair, especially if it starts as early as your late twenties or thirties, as it does for many people. The ironic thing is, our hair is something we take for granted all the time, until it’s gone, that is.
But in today’s day and age, hair restoration treatment can do absolute wonders for encouraging new hair growth or restoring the look of a fuller head of hair. The only downside can be the cost.
So, what exactly can you expect to pay? This blog is the helpful guide you need.
Types of Hair Restoration Treatment
Yes, there is a myriad of products, treatments, and medications on the market today designed to slow down hair loss or even restore hair growth. But the truth is that they’re not very reliable.
This is where restorative hair treatment comes in to change the game. Granted, these treatments have been around since the 1990s, but they have improved drastically. The two most popular types of treatments to restore hair today include:
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
Both of these procedures focus on harvesting hair follicles from healthy areas of hair growth on your head and transplanting them in areas of hair loss. FUT is a little more invasive and involves the removal of a strip of hair from a donor area on the head. And it can leave a noticeable scar behind, but hair growth can cover this.
FUE, on the other hand, is a little less invasive. It involves the removal of singular hair follicles, with transplantation in areas of baldness or thinning hair. This procedure takes far longer than FUT and can be more costly.
Check out BSG hair restorative service for more on state-of-the-art FUE treatments.
Hair Restoration Treatment: What’s the Cost, Anyway?
What you end up paying for your particular restorative hair treatment depends on a few significant factors. As with most cosmetic or medical treatments in life, the cost will always vary.
If you’re looking for an actual figure to work with, you can expect to pay within the range of $4,000-$15,000. And most of the time, insurance will not cover these costs — they’re at your own expense. This is because hair transplants are a cosmetic procedure and not a medical necessity.
Some of the most important factors that influence cost include:
- Your location, i.e. where you live and the relative cost of living in your region
- The condensation of surgeons in your area offering the same treatment
- The procedure you opt for, i.e. FUT is a little more affordable than an FUE treatment
- How skilled your surgeon is — if your surgeon is particularly reputable in the area, they are more than likely to charge a higher rate
- The extent of your treatment — this depends on how much hair you need to be transplanted across your head
- Travel costs — if you don’t have access to these treatments in your area and have to travel a fair distance, these are costs you’ll have to think about, too
Remember that a higher surgeon’s rate does not always translate to skill. Before you choose a surgeon for a hair transplant procedure, make sure you do your due diligence on their professional background and reputation, first.
There are some other related costs you’ll have to include, too. Such as:
- Any pain medications you’ll need to buy as part of your recovery plan
- Prescription antibiotics that your surgeon might prescribe to reduce the risk of infection
- Anti-inflammatory medications to assist with swelling and healing
Bear in mind that hair transplants do come with their own set of risks, albeit quite minimal. However, if anything goes wrong and you need to treat it, this is yet another expense to factor in.
Take Hair Loss Into Your Own Hands
The best thing you can do as soon as you notice any signs of hair loss is to visit your doctor right away. By being proactive, you can sometimes stop hair loss in its tracks with the right diagnosis and treatments. And you might not even need a costly hair restoration treatment.
To get the lowdown on all things travel, beauty, lifestyle, fashion, and more, don’t miss out on the rest of this site! Explore at your leisure.